Slow Cooker Sunday Roast
- COOK TIME
8 Hr 3 Min
Sunday dinner just got tastier with our mouthwatering recipe for Slow Cooker Sunday Roast. The ease and convenience of a slow cooker will turn an economic boneless beef chuck roast into a tender main dish meal that fits your healthy eating goals. This is definitely a chuck roast recipe that you'll be turning to every Sunday - say goodbye to that oven!
What You'll Need
- 1 (2-pound) boneless beef chuck roast, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
teaspoon black pepper
cup red wine vinegar
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
What to Do
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray. Over medium-high heat, brown roast on all sides. Transfer to 4 to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add onion, garlic, Italian seasoning, onion powder, salt, and pepper to skillet and cook over medium heat 3 to 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in vinegar and scrape browned bits from pan; pour mixture over roast, add tomatoes, and cover.
- Cook on LOW 8 to 9 hours or on HIGH 4 to 4-1/2 hours, or until tender.
- Can chuck roast be used in stew meat? Yes! This chuck roast can be thrown into any stew pot, sandwich, or other leftover combination for a tasty day-after meal.
- What to Add In: To make this a one-pot meal for the ages, feel free to add in potatoes, carrots, and vegetables to the pot. We recommend introducing any add-ins to the slow-cooker about 1 hour before the meat is done. Make sure they're submerged in broth, otherwise they may not cook completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 6
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.