Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- SERVING SIZE
- 4-ounces meat
Cozy up to one of your favorite comforting dinners with our easy recipe for Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff. This one is full of old-fashioned flavor without any of the guilt. Plus, since it's made in a slow cooker, you don't have to spend a whole lot of time in the kitchen. Easy and tasty - just the way we like it!
What You'll Need
- 1 1/2 pound lean stew beef, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cup low-sodium beef broth
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
What to Do
- Place beef in slow cooker and top with onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine beef broth, soy sauce, vinegar, onion powder, garlic powder, and pepper; mix well, then pour over vegetables.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 3-1/2 to 4 hours. Then, stir in evaporated milk.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and water; mix well. Add the cornstarch mixture to the slow cooker and let simmer for an additional 30 minutes or until sauce is thickened and beef is fork-tender.
If you're looking for even more tasty slow cooker recipes, check out our collection of Diabetic Slow Cooker Recipes.
Read NextMeatloaf on a Sling