- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
On those days when we're really craving saucy Italian flavors, we like to make our recipe for Chicken Cacciatore. It's loaded with classic seasonings and veggies, like green peppers, tomatoes, basil, and garlic, for an unforgettable dinner experience.
What You'll Need
- 1 onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 8 ounces mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) can no-salt-added tomato paste
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, place onion and green pepper. Layer with chicken and mushrooms.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic, basil, and black pepper. Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours, or until chicken is tender.
We like to serve our Chicken Cacciatore over whole wheat penne, but feel free to serve over your favorite whole wheat pasta!
Read NextSlow-Cooked Tuscan Pork Chops