Spicy Baked Linguine
- COOK TIME
- 31 Min
Have no fear of trying our healthy, veggie-filled Spicy Baked Linguine. Because the recipe calls for salsa, you control the heat level. Plus, you can never go wrong with zucchini, peppers and eggplant!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound linguine
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (26-ounce) jar light spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 9- x 13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain, rinse, drain again, and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat; add the zucchini, pepper, and eggplant. Sauté for 6 to 8 minutes, or until tender.
- Stir in the spaghetti sauce and salsa, then add the linguine and mix well. Place the linguine mixture in the baking dish.
- Top with the cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the linguine is heated through and the cheese is melted.
Read NextThree Cheese Macaroni and Cheese