Zesty Marinated Salad
Marinated fresh vegetables make for a healthy and delicious side dish to any meal. The best thing about our Zesty Marinated Salad is that you can make it a day ahead, which means you don't have to rush to make it in time for the potluck!
What You'll Need
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small yellow squash, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3/4 cup low-fat Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
What to Do
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, zucchini, yellow squash, pepper, onion, and tomatoes.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour over the vegetable mixture; toss until well coated. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
Salad dressing is an easy instant marinade for our veggies, but instead of creamy varieties, use vinegar-based ones to add flavor without fat.
Read NextTuna Salad Surprise