Speedy Fajita Salad
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
There's nothing like the smell and the sizzle of a hot plate of fajitas being served up. Now we can enjoy that scrumptious experience with this diabetes-friendly Speedy Fajita Salad! If your meal plan allows it, you may want to top this salad with a slice of avocado or a dollop of low-fat sour cream.
What You'll Need
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large onions, cut into 8 wedges each
- 2 large bell peppers (1 yellow and 1 green), cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons dry fajita seasoning
- 1/2 medium head iceberg lettuce, shredded (about 4 cups)
- 1/2 cup salsa
What to Do
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onions and peppers, and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes, or until the onions are tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken and fajita seasoning; toss until the chicken is thoroughly coated. Add to the skillet and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the chicken and the onions are browned, stirring frequently.
- Place the shredded lettuce on a serving platter, top with the chicken mixture, and drizzle with salsa. Serve immediately.
Read NextTuna Salad Surprise