Smoky Green Bean Salad
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This flavor-packed healthy Smoky Green Bean Salad that has a hint of the popular taste of bacon will tempt you to make again and again. Our Test Kitchen loves the water chestnuts that add that special crunch-factor.
What You'll Need
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole green beans
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup sweet and sour salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
What to Do
- Prepare green beans according to package directions. Plunge into ice water to stop cooking. Drain.
- Combine green beans and water chestnuts in salad bowl.
- Heat dressing in saucepan and pour over bean mixture.
- Sprinkle bacon bits on top
Our recipe for Sweet 'n' Sour Dressing would be the perfect homemade complement to this salad. Click here to get the recipe.
Read NextTuna Salad Surprise