Lemon Basil Couscous
- CHILL TIME
- 1 Hr
A generous cup of lemon juice adds tang to this Middle Eastern favorite. Lemon Basil Couscous pairs well with any main dish, so try it for a change-of-pace side dish.
What You'll Need
- 1 (10-ounce) package couscous
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 of a medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 1 medium-sized tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What to Do
- Prepare couscous according to package directions. Place couscous in a large bowl to cool.
- Add remaining ingredients; toss until well combined. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
Read NextTuna Salad Surprise