Sweet Autumn Pear Tarts
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
If you're a little stumped with what to do with pears when they're in season, let us help you out! Our Sweet Autumn Pear Tarts take those fresh pears and put them into a delectable dessert topped with an ooey gooey brown sugar drizzle! It's perfect when you want to cozy up by the fire, or when you want to impress the guests at the holidays!
What You'll Need
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed (1/2 of a 17-ounce package)
- 4 large ripe pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced (see Note)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup sugar free frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 tablespoon firmly packed light brown sugar blend
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out puff pastry to 10- x 15-inches. Place on a rimmed baking sheet. Lay pear slices on dough, slightly overlapping slices and covering the entire surface of the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine granulated sugar substitute, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well and sprinkle evenly over pears.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until the pastry is golden; allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine whipped topping, and brown sugar blend; stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate until ready to use. When ready to serve, cut into squares and drizzle brown sugar mixture on top.
Test Kitchen Tip
- No pears? No problem! Apples will work just as well and taste just as yummy!
- For more ideas on what to do with pears, check out our Pear-fect Pear Strudel and this cozy Crispy Pear Bake!
- For a real treat that goes perfect in autumn, try our Mini Apple Pie Tarts and these sweet-as-can-be Plantation Apricot Tarts!
Read NextTart Bubblin' Blueberry Crisp