Poached Salmon and Asparagus
- COOK TIME
Try something new for dinner with this simple, moist and delicious Poached Salmon and Asparagus recipe. We think it'll certainly earn you raves at the dinner table!
What You'll Need
- 4 (4-ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can ready-to-use vegetable broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
What to Do
- Season the salmon with the rosemary and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; place in a large skillet.
- In a small bowl, combine the broth, lemon juice, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well and pour into the skillet. Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus around the salmon; cover, and cook for 5 more minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork and the asparagus is tender. Serve immediately.
Note: We never throw out the liquid left over after poaching foods - and we hope you don't either. It can be used to make a sauce for the poached food, or as a soup base.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 4
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.