- SERVING SIZE
- 1 cupcake
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
The combination of chocolate and coffee makes these Mocha Cupcakes a delicious treat that everyone will enjoy. They're so good, nobody will know they are diabetes-friendly!
What You'll Need
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee granules
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/4 cups granulated Splenda
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (15-ounce) container sugar-free chocolate frosting
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 20 muffin tin cups with paper liners or coat with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, coffee, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another large bowl, whisk buttermilk, Splenda, oil, eggs, and vanilla. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture. Beat with a whisk just until combined. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from muffin tins and let cool.
- Frost each cupcake with 1 tablespoon chocolate frosting.
Test Kitchen Tips
- For more of our favorite cupcake recipes check out Berry Chocolate Cupcakes, Peanut Butter Lava Cupcakes, or our recipe for Featherlight Chocolate-Coconut Cupcakes!
- We've got more coffee-flavored delights you're sure to love! Try our Marvelous Mocha Cheesecake, a Refreshing Mocha Smoothie, and this Creamy Dreamy Java Dessert!
- Love this dessert? Tell us all about it in the comments!
Read NextGinger Spice Cupcakes