Featherlight Chocolate-Coconut Cupcakes
- COOK TIME
Chocolate and coconut would send anyone over the moon. The addition of egg whites and baking powder keep these Featherlight Chocolate-Coconut Cupcakes light, fluffy and figure-friendly.
What You'll Need
- 6 egg whites
- 1 1/3
cup sugar, divided
cup all-purpose flour
cup unsweetened cocoa
teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup flaked coconut
What to Do
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine 1 cup sugar, flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Sift together twice; set aside. Add the vanilla extract, cream of tartar, and salt to egg whites. With an electric mixer, beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually add the remaining sugar, about 2 tablespoons at a time, beating on high until stiff, glossy peaks form. Gradually fold in cocoa mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time. Gently fold in coconut. Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling each about 2/3 full.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes of until golden brown and top appears dry. Cool Completely.
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 15
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.