Turkey and Bean Chili
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Using ground turkey in our chili lightens it up, making it fit for a diabetes diet. With plenty of other flavors in the mix, you'll never even notice the difference!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons Canola oil
- 1 pound ground turkey breast (see Note)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 (15-1/2-ounce) can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 8 ounces can low-sodium tomato sauce
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can, no-salt-added diced tomatoes
What to Do
In a saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey, onion, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and oregano; cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until turkey is no longer pink. Stir in beans, tomatoes and tomato sauce; cook 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
For the leanest and healthiest Turkey Chili, be sure to use ground turkey breast and not regular ground turkey.
Read NextWhite Chicken Chili