Italian-Stuffed Chicken Muffins
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 chicken muffin
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
We've got an easy chicken breast recipe made in a whole new way. It's got lots of flavor and zero guilt! Our Italian-Stuffed Chicken Muffins are stuffed with three cheeses, Italian seasonings, and, just like the name says, they're made in muffin tins! This recipe will impress the guests, while helping you stick to a diabetes-diet.
What You'll Need
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to 1/4-inch thickness, (1 pound total)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/3 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons whole-wheat panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon light margarine, melted
- Paprika for sprinkling
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat 4 cups of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle chicken breasts evenly with 1/4 teaspoon each of salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, mozzarella, and Parmesan cheeses, the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix well. Spoon mixture evenly onto center of each chicken breast.
- Wrap chicken breast around filling, making sure filling is tucked inside chicken. Place each stuffed breast seam-side down in a cup of the muffin tin. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and margarine; sprinkle over chicken then sprinkle with paprika. Place muffin tin on a baking sheet.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Serve immediately.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Love this Italian chicken recipe? Awesome! Make sure to try our Test Kitchen favorite Chicken Cacciatore or our 5- star Chicken Marsala!
- We've got some great sides for this easy chicken breast recipe, including our must-have Bacon Lovers' Brussels Sprouts and these Mouth-Watering Oven Roasted Veggies!
Read NextChicken Marsala