Shredded Chicken Avocados
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/3 avocado and 1/4-cup chicken mixture
- COOK TIME
- 12 Min
By stuffing our avocados with chicken and some fresh salsa, we can enjoy a quick and nutritious, low-carb, lunch that's full of flavor. Our Shredded Chicken Avocados have a creamy texture (thanks to the avocado!) that make 'em taste extra-yummy.
What You'll Need
- 2 ripe avocados, halved, with seeds and skin removed
- 1 cup shredded chicken, cooked
- 1/2 cup fresh salsa, drained
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/8 cup reduced-fat, shredded, Cheddar cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Place avocado, cut side down, on baking sheet. Cook for 10 minutes, remove from oven and set aside. Preheat oven to broil.
- In a medium bowl, combine chicken, salsa, scallion, cumin, and cilantro; mix well. Turn over avocados and spoon chicken mixture evenly over top of avocado. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Avocados are high in monounsaturated fats, the same heart-healthy fats that you can find in olive oil and nuts. Including these fats in your diet can help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Read NextChicken Marsala