Hawaiian Hula Chicken
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 chicken breast
- CHILL TIME
- 4 Hr
- COOK TIME
- 10 Min
This chicken dish tastes like something you might find at a Hawaiian cookout. Before we cook our Hawaiian Hula Chicken to perfection on the stovetop, we marinate it overnight, so that all the flavors really soak in. The results are mouthwatering!
What You'll Need
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 scallion, sliced
What to Do
- In a resealable plastic bag, combine soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, garlic, and pepper; mix well. Add chicken to marinade, seal, and refrigerate at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Coat a grill pan or skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken, discarding marinade, and cook 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until no longer pink in center. Garnish with scallion and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- For more Hawaiian favorites, check out our Hawaiian Salsa, these sweet as can be Pineapple Cream Bars, or this super heasy Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken!
- For the next stop on your recipe world tour, check out these Asian-inspired recipes! You'll love our Asian Chicken Salad and these Easy Lo Mein Noodles!
- What do you think of this recipe? Tell us in the comments below!
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken