Chicken Under Wraps
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 25 Min
Have you ever wrapped a whole chicken in lettuce and then set it to bake? We know it may sound strange, but you must try our Chicken Under Wraps! Wrapping the chicken helps hold in moisture, giving you a tender and juicy bird that everyone will be raving about.
What You'll Need
- 1 whole chicken (3 pounds), skin removed
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 to 5 large iceberg lettuce leaves, washed and patted dry
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place chicken, breast side up, in a 9- x 13-inch baking dish. Place the onion in cavity of chicken.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients except lettuce; mix well. Rub chicken evenly with spice mixture, then lay lettuce leaves over top, curving them around to completely cover chicken.
- Bake chicken 80 to 90 minutes, or until no pink remains and juices run clear. Discard lettuce leaves and cut chicken into serving-sized pieces.
Read NextCrispy Oven Fried Chicken