Easy Garlic Knots
- SERVING SIZE
- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
If you're serving up an Italian-themed dinner, then our Easy Garlic Knots are the perfect side! The best part? They're even low-carb! Our Easy Garlic Knots have that delicious garlicky flavor that is an Italian staple. Dip them in the sauce, or eat them on their own. No matter how you decide to eat this delicious side, one thing is for certain: You won't be able to resist!
What You'll Need
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 tablespoons margarine, melted, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine both flours, garlic powder, baking powder, and salt; mix well and set aside.
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt cheese, stirring constantly. Add 4 tablespoons margarine and the egg and stir until combined. Stir in flour mixture until dough comes together.
- Place dough on a flat surface and knead 2 to 3 minutes, or until thoroughly mixed. Divide dough into 14 equal portions. Roll each portion into a 7-inch rope. Place on a baking sheet and form each into a knot.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2 tablespoons margarine, the fresh garlic, and Parmesan cheese; mix well. Brush margarine mixture over dough knots.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes, or until firm and golden brown.
Test Kitchen Tip
Read NextZucchini Corn Bread Pie