- COOK TIME
- 45 Min
Meatball-Stuffed Cabbage is so good, and so easy, that there's no reason to reserve it just for special occasions. This makes a hearty warm-you-up main dish and a great appetizer, too!
What You'll Need
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 head green cabbage, shredded (12 to 14 cups)
- 1 (14-ounce) can whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 1 (28-ounce) jar light spaghetti sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 gingersnap cookies, crumbled
What to Do
- In a medium bowl, combine the ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, salt, and pepper. Using about 1 tablespoon of the mixture for each, form the mixture into 1-inch meatballs.
- Place half of the shredded cabbage in a large pot, then add the meatballs. Spoon the cranberry sauce over the meatballs, then add the remaining cabbage. Pour the spaghetti sauce over the mixture; DO NOT STIR.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes. Stir gently, being careful not to break up the meatballs. Simmer for 25 more minutes.
- Add the lemon juice and cookie crumbs; mix well, and simmer for 15 more minutes.
Hungry for more? Check out this collection of Healthy Meatball Recipes!
Read NextKung Pao Beef