Beefy Stuffed Zucchini
- SERVING SIZE
- 1/2 stuffed zucchini (4-ounces meat mixture)
- COOK TIME
- 40 Min
If you're new to eating stuffed zucchini then you're in for a real surprise! This stuffed zucchini recipe is healthy, hearty, and full of Italian flavor. Perfect for a low-carb diet, our Beefy Stuffed Zucchini will soon become one of your favorites!
What You'll Need
- 3 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. With a spoon, scoop meat out of zucchini halves; set aside shells and chop zucchini meat finely.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat and saute ground beef, onion, and red bell pepper for 6-8 minutes, or until beef is no longer pink. Stir in chopped zucchini, Parmesan cheese, basil, oregano, black pepper, and 1/3 cup tomato sauce, and cook for 3-5 minutes, or until tender.
- Stuff zucchini shells evenly with meat mixture, spoon remaining tomato sauce evenly over zucchini, and place on baking sheet. Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and top evenly with mozzarella cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes more, or until zucchini are tender and cheese is melted.
Be sure to check out our collection, 16 Yummy Recipes with Zucchini, for more fun recipes.
Read NextKung Pao Beef