Beefy Pot Roast
- COOK TIME
2 Hr 15 Min
Our Beefy Pot Roast recipe has delicious ingredients that will have the family gathered around the table this Sunday. Everyone will want your secret recipe! This pot roast dinner is slow cooked for that tender taste of beef that is just so good. It'll fly off the plate and have everyone asking for seconds of this savory supper!
What You'll Need
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (3-pound) beef bottom round roast, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups plus 1 tablespoon water, divided
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
teaspoon browning and seasoning sauce
What to Do
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper; mix well.
- Rinse the beef and place in the flour mixture while still wet, turning to coat completely. In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook for 5 to 7 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Add 4 cups water, the bouillon cubes, celery, and onion. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to simmer. Cook for 2 to 2-1/4hours, or until the beef is fork-tender. Remove beef to a platter and keep warm.
- In a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 tablespoon water and the cornstarch; mix well. Skim and discard the fat from the pan juices. Add the cornstarch mixture and the browning and seasoning sauce to the juices and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- Slice the roast across the grain and serve topped with the sauce.
- Our Weeknight Winners collection has dinner ideas for every day of the week!
- Our Jalapeno Studded Garlic Roast has a delicious zing that will make your tastebuds tingle!
- Fun Fact!
- The word "supper" comes from the Old French word "souper" meaning "evening meal". In some areas of the United States, dinner and supper are used interchangeably, but in other areas, "dinner" is a term used to mean lunch. It's interesting to learn how one word can mean different things in different places!
Nutritional InformationShow More
Servings Per Recipe: 8
Calories from Fat
Report Inappropriate Comment
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.