Sensational Strawberry Squares
- 16 squares
- SERVING SIZE
- 1 (2-inch) square
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
Talk about a dessert the whole family will love! Yes, with less than 3 grams of sugar per serving, it is diabetes-friendly! The best part though, is our Sensational Strawberry Squares are bursting with flavor! Whether you plan on treating yourself or sharing with friends, everyone is going to ask for seconds!
What You'll Need
- 2 sticks (1 cup) margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar blend sweetener
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar-free strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
What to Do
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat margarine and sugar blend until creamy. Beat in sour cream and egg. Stir in all-purpose flour and whole wheat flour, 1/2 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
- Press half of dough into bottom of baking dish. Spread jam evenly over dough, then gently spread remaining dough over top. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and nuts.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Place baking dish on a wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares and serve.
Test Kitchen Tip
- Love this strawberry dessert recipe? If you want more fruity favorites try our Blueberry Cheesecake Bars or these decadent Banana Cream Pie Cups!
- For more bar desserts, try our Crunchy Oat Apricot Bars or these amazing Nutty Apple Bars!
- What do you think of this recipe? Tell us in the comments below!
Read NextCrunchy Oat Apricot Bars