- SERVING SIZE
- 2 tablespoons
- 5 Min
Forget going out for store-bought hummus! Our Homemade Hummus recipe is smooth, fresh, and a great anytime snack for your menu! It's also a great dip to set out on the weekends after church or when company is on the way. It's one of those appetizers that will quickly disappear from the bowl!
What You'll Need
- 1 (15.5-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 3 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
What to Do
- In a food processor, combine chickpeas, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic powder, onion powder, and sesame oil. Process until smooth.
- Spoon into a serving bowl and stir in parsley. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Test Kitchen Tip!
- Make sure to pair this with your favorite veggies for a dip you won't be able to resist!
- For more homemade hummus recipes check out our Dressed-Up Hummus and, for a bit of zest, try our Lemon Garlic Hummus!
- We've got more dip recipes that make yummy snacks or will impress the guests! Plus, they're easy to make! So whip up our refreshing Dilly Dip, Cool as a Cucumber Dip, or, one of our favorites, this smooth Shrimp Dip!
Read NextSensational Shrimp Dip